With this amazing package you will visit Argentinean Andes and the region's highlights. You will tour Buenos Aires - the capital city of this fascinating country, the city of Mendoza - the land of the good sun and the good wine, and you will enjoy Uspallata, Valle Union and Valle Fertil, where you will be able to visit the Talampaya and the Ischigualasto National Parks. This package also includes excellent accommodations, tours and transport.
Buenos Aires is a cosmopolitan city and it is characterized by the great contrasts among its different neighborhoods. It has an intense cultural life reflected in the numerous artistic shows in the city, ideal for the tourist that looks to explore a city's roots and more primitive customs.
Situated at the foot of The Andes, Mendoza is the capital city of the province of the same name and the most important city of the Western Argentina. It is one of the most popular destinations because of the diverse and interesting activities available in the region.
Talampaya National Park contains the beauty of the landscape and has maintained itself with few changes within its high, red walls. Exploring it is discovering a place full of magic and charm.
Take a tour through Talampaya National Park, a declared historic landmark, and it feels like travelling back in time. Its eroded walls by the wind and the rain condense 250 millions of years of geological history.
The park consists of 215,000 hectares, and explains one of the most interesting chapters in the evolution of vertebrates: The Triassic period, during which the dinosaurs appeared. Here the remains of the well known Lagosuchis talampayensis, one of the most ancient dinosaurs that lived 250 millions of years ago, were discovered, and turtle fossils - Palaeocheris talampayensis with the age of 210 million years.
Under the sun in the canyon, thousands of rare and capricious shapes mark erosion's legacy: formations like the Rey Mago, El Monje, La Catedral, Las Agujas, Las Torres, among the most recognized. You will also find the autochthonous flora of the park in the Botanic gardens.
Finally, arrived in this land and left their testimony with carvings, ancient petroglyphs and utensils founded in all corners of the Park.
Talampaya has an important archeological richness. The human activities between 120 and 1180 A.D. used caves and eaves as housing, deposits, and cemeteries. At the open sky above the vertical walls and huge rocks, a large quantity of rupestrian paintings (anthropomorphous and zoo morphs) and abstracts (geometrical) expressed a harmonic fusion between nature and culture, composing one of the most relevant locations of ancient Argentinian manifestations. The fire walls that surround Talampaya Park are temptations for lovers of nature's mysteries.
The importance of Ischigualasto's palentology was discovered at the end of the 1950's, but systematic and intensive study of the Park by the Natural Science Museum of San Juan National University didn't begin until 1988. Dinosaur remains dating back to 228 million years ago have been found in Ischigualasto. The Eoraptor lunensis, discovered in 1991 at Ischigualasto, is the most ancient and primitive dinosaur known in the world. In addition to dinosaur remains, more than 20 different species of vertebrates that co-existed with dinosaurs have been found in the park.
Andes Vacation Package (7N) includes:
Hotels in Argentina:
- 2 nights at Hotel in Buenos Aires,
- 2 nights at Hotel in Mendoza,
- 1 night at Hotel in Uspallata,
- 1 night at Hotel in Villa Unión, and
- 1 night at Hotel in Valle Fértil, with daily breakfast.
Tours in Buenos Aires - Argentina:
- Half Day City Tour visiting the Plaza de Mayo, the Government House, the Cathedral, Columbus Square, the famous Colon Theatre Opera House and other hot spots;
- A spectacular Tango Show with dinner.
Tours in Mendoza - Argentina:
- Wine route Excursion, along vineyards areas and wine cellars with explanations of the wine cellar history, the process of wine production, wine tasting.
Tours in Uspallata - Argentina:
- High Mountain region circuit that presents mountains, valleys and Gorges.
- Visit to the historic bridge of Picheuta, Polvaredas, Punta de Vacas.
Tours in Valle Union and Valle Fertil - Argentina:
- Talampaya National Park and Ischigualasto Provincial Park (Valle de La Luna): The UNESCO at 2000 year declared the Talampaya Basin - Ischigualasto "Place of natural patrimony of the humanity" by its paleontologic and geologic importance. Both parks together possess an extraordinary sedimentary rocky sequence with vertebrate fossils which document how was the life in our planet in the period of time comprehended between the 248 million years and 205 million years what means that the totality of the Triassic period, the era of dinosaur's appearance.
- Transportation: Transfers from/to airport and tours in air-conditioned vehicles with your local English speaking expert guide.
- Adventure: This is an easy paced trip perfect for anyone.
- Group Size: Any group size.
- Staff: Local professional bilingual guides will help you during the tours and transfers.