With this amazing package you will visit the Argentinean North West region and its highlights. You will enjoy this little known region with its natural wealth of the Andean mountains, green valleys, astonishing rock formations and tiny colonial villages. Also, this package includes Accommodations, Tucuman City Tour, Visit to Cafayate and its wine cellars, Full day tour to the Humahuaca Gorge, transportation and much more.
The northwest of Argentina includes the provinces of Salta, Jujuy, Tucuman, Catamarca and La Rioja - five different geographical regions larger than Italy, though with only 5% of the Argentinean population. The region consists of an enormous plateau at an altitude of 3,500 meters (12,000 meters) reaching from Argentina to Chile and Bolivia.
On the western border of the Sierra Pampeanas the region includes the natural parks of “Ischigualasto” and “Talampaya”, revealing a complete sequence of fossil sediments. Stunning formations made by wind erosion are the main attractions in both parks. It was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO representing the entire Triassic Period (245-208 million years ago), pre-Hispanic rock paintings, and many sites of archaeological significance.
Various pre-Columbian cultures have lived in this region, but the greatest influence was caused by the northern “Puno” culture. Thanks to its long pre-Hispanic history, this area offers a rich inheritance of the past with diverse indigenous ruins. Today its inhabitants still proudly maintain the habits and customs of their ancestors like singing and dancing traditional folkloric music, making weaved blankets and ponchos from vicuñas, sheep, and llamas, and talking in Quechua, the language of their forefathers. The pre-Hispanic historical region also possesses beautiful colonial architecture with many churches and other historical buildings.
As a whole the region, which has not yet been discovered by mass tourism, preserves a unique charm with centuries-old customs, spectacular mountain shapes, and the intensive variety of colors of the earth, deserts and mountains.
Argentina Highlights - Grand North West Vacation Package (6N) includes
Hotels in Argentina:
- 1 night accommodation at Grand Hotel Tucumán in Tucumán,
- 1 night at El Parador de Quilmes in Quilmes,
- 1 night at El Hostal de Molinos in Molinos,
- 3 nights at Salta Hotel in Salta.
Tours in Tucumán - Argentina:
- City tour including the most important historic monuments of the city.
Tours in Quilmes - Argentina:
- Visit to Cafayate and its wine cellars that produce the Torrontes, a typical Argentinean white fruity wine, with wine tasting.
Tours in Molinos - Argentina:
- Visit to the Recta del Tin-tin, passing by Cachi and Piedra del Molino, crossing through Los Cardones National Park.
Tours in Salta - Argentina:
- Full day tour to the Humahuaca Gorge, visiting all little towns in the Valley such as Purmamarca - with the beautiful Seven Colors Mountain, Tilcara - with the incredible Pucará (Indians Fort) - Uquia church and Humahuaca - with the streets of irresistible charm.
- Transportation: Transfers from/to airport and tours in air-conditioned vehicles with your local English speaking expert guide according itinerary.
- Adventure: This is an easy paced trip perfect for anyone.
- Group Size: Any group size.
- Staff: Local professional bilingual guides will help you during the tours and transfers.