Travel to the Amazon, Bolivia and experience its RainForest and Wildlife with this 4 Day / 3 Night Travel Vacation Package and Tour that includes accommodations at Chalalan Eco Lodge, Jungle Tours, transportation and much more.
Bolivia Vacation Package – Amazon Rainforest and Wildlife (3N)
Madidi National Park’s mountain forest habitat is home to more than 1,000 species of birds, 44% of all new world species of mammals, and an estimated 38% of neotropical amphibians. The tropical Andes, where Madidi is located, is also a globally critical hotspot of plant endemism.
Nestled in Madidi National Park, Chalalan Eco lodge has been crafted with eco-tourism in mind, offering comfortable accommodations in pristine tropical rainforest. The eco lodge sits on the edge of Chalalan Lake, deep in Madidi wilderness. Chalalán is accessed by dugout canoe up the spectacular Beni and Tuichi rivers, 5 hours from the gateway community of Rurrenabaque.
You will follow the famous Beni River and pass through spectacular Bala Gorge before heading up the smaller Tiuchi River and entering Madidi National park. Established in 1995, Madidi protects some of the wildest and most pristine rainforest on earth, and animals such as herds of peccary, sloth, howler monkeys, giant otters, and jaguar. Each day at Chalalan is filled with discovery as you head out on excursions with your Quechua guide in search of macaws, toucans, squirrel monkeys, and more. With luck, you might even run across a 300-pound tapir using your trail as a highway through the forest!
A walk to one of the lookout points in the area offers magnificent views of the rainforest canopy and Chalalan Lake below. Back at the lodge, you will learn about traditional crafts, farming techniques and food, and evenings are filled with stories about the community’s history, customs, and beliefs. There’s also plenty of time for hanging in your hammock, browsing the many guidebooks, swimming in the lake and wandering several self-guided trails near the lodge.
Bolivian Amazon Rainforest and Wildlife Vacation Package (3N) includes
- 1 night accommodation at Hotel Safari in Rurrenabaque with breakfast and 2 nights at Chalalan Eco Lodge in Madidi National Park with all meals.
Tours in Madidi National Park:
- Relax swim Canoe in Chalalan lake
- Presentation about Madidi National Park and San Jose de Uchupimonas, the community owners of Chalalan.
- Wine route Excursion, along vineyards areas and wine cellars with explanations of the wine cellar history, the process of wine production wine tasting.
- Night hike trail theme – nocturnal rainforest life: frogs, birds, night animals and insects
- Hike along the Silvador, Almendrillo y Jaguar.
- Trail theme – medicinal, fruit and exotic plants
- Trek through Wichi and Jaguar trail.
- Traditional night stories and legends from San Jose de Uchupiamonas
- Hike to the Tuichi river port
- Boat trip.
- Transportation: Transfers from/to airport and tours in air-conditioned vehicles with local English speaking expert guide according itinerary. Some tours and transfers can be not private.
- Adventure: This is an easy paced trip perfect for anyone.
- Group Size: Any group size.
- Staff: Local professional bilingual guides will help you during the tours and transfers.
Day by Day Vacation Package Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Contact us for a Custom Package created just for you.
Day 1 – Amazon
Flight from La Paz to Rurrenabaque. Arrival in Rurrenabaque and transfer from the airport to the Hotel. Overnight at Hotel Safari.
Day 2 – Amazon
Breakfast and boat trip up the Beni and Tuichi River to Chalalan Eco Lodge. Hike from the riverbank to the Lodge alongside Chalalan Lake. Lunch. Relax swim Canoe in Chalalan Lake. Presentation about Madidi National Park and San Jose de Uchupimonas, the community owners of Chalalan. Dinner. Night hike trail theme – nocturnal rainforest life: frogs, birds, night animals and insects. Overnight at the Lodge.
Day 3 – Amazon
Breakfast. Hike along the Silvador, Almendrillo y Jaguar. Trail theme – medicinal, fruit and exotic plants. Lunch. Relax swim or canoe in lake. Didactic games and review of the library of guidebooks. Trek through Wichi and Jaguar trail. Themes-rainforest materials used to make handicrafts, bird watching, palms of the jungle. Dinner. Traditional night stories and legends from San Jose de Uchupiamonas. Overnight at the Lodge.
Day 4 – Amazon
Hike to the Tuichi river port. Boat trip returning to Rurrenabaque Arrival in Rurrenabaque and transfer directly to airport to take the flight to La Paz.
Located in Madidi national Park, one of the worlds most biologically diverse regions in the world. The lodge was created with responsible eco tourism in mind, using biological materials and solar energy. The lodge consists of a main building and cabañas on the shore of a huge lake. Literally surrounded by wildlife such as monkeys, caimans, turtles and an amazing variety of different birds. Chalalan has been constructed with respect for the natural surroundings, using forest materials, solar energy, and with intensive protection of the lake. The cabins are surrounded by primary forest inhabited by an astonishing variety of birds and mammals. The lake is and ideal habitat for monkeys, caiman, turtles, hoatzin, and macaws and reverberates under a constant symphony of birdsong, shouts of howler monkeys, and barking toucans, particularly at dawn and dusk.