Travel to Amazon, Brazil and experience its wildlife with this 10 Day / 9 Night Amazon Peacock Bass Fishing Special Interest travel package and tour that includes accommodations at the Rio Negro Lodge, 6 Days of Fishing, transportation and much more.
Brazil Vacation Package – Amazon Peacock Bass Fishing (6N)
This package is an opportunity for those who love fishing: amateur or professional. You will have a memorable time when trying to catch the ferocious peacock bass.
Rio Negro Lodge will serve as your base and you will use a Nitro boat or a floatplane to reach the fishing areas before returning in the evening to rest and relax.
About the Peacock Bass
Called ‘tucunare’ in Portuguese, the peacock bass is a born ambusher and a ferocious freshwater fish. Interestingly enough, the ‘bass’ portion of the fish’s name is not correct. Tucunare are actually members of the cichlid family (like oscar).
Acrobatic brawlers on a line, they snap 30-lb. monofilament like thread, straighten saltwater hooks, mangle lures and send rods home in pieces. They are almost exclusively diurnal and aren’t the least bit sun-shy, hitting most lures at the surface with explosive force. They’re not too choosey about baits, but landing them is guaranteed to be one of the toughest freshwater fights you’ll ever get in.
Peacock Bass Fishing Package at the Rio Negro Lodge includes
- All necessary ground transportation and air charters within Brazil
Lodging (double occupancy)
- Complimentary quality fishing tackle (Falcon Rods and Shimano Reels) and all necessary top water lures provided for your use while in Brazil
Guide service (2 anglers with a Brazilian guide in 17 Nitro Bass Boat with 90HP outboard motors
- 6 days of fishing per week
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) except last day in Manaus
- Open bar (Brazilian beer, wine and liquor)
- Daily laundry & maid service
- Brazilian Fishing License
Additional costs not included are
- International & Domestic Airfare. Clients are responsible for domestic airfare & reservations.
- Tips – Gratuities for guides and staff are at the clients discretion. If you receive excellent service, a total tip of $180-200 per angler/per week would be appropriate and divided between the guide and staff.
- Medical Considerations – The Centers for Disease Control recommend Yellow Fever Vaccination and Malaria prophylaxis for traveling to the Amazon River Basin. We recommend that you please consult your physician.
- Passport/Visa costs – All tourists traveling from the U.S. to Brazil must have a valid Passport and Brazilian Visa.
- 1 night at the Tropical Manaus Hotel and 8 nights at the Rio Negro Lodge with all meals.
- Transportation: Transfers in private vehicles with English speaking expert guide.
- Group Size: Any group size.
- Staff: 6 Days of fishing with guide service (2 anglers with a Brazilian guide in 1 Boat).
Day by Day Vacation Package Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Contact us for a Custom Package created just for you.
Day 1 – Amazon
A guide will be waiting for you at Manaus airport and will take you to the lodge, passing by teh amazing spectacle of the Meeting of the Waters on your way. You will ahve dinner at the lodge and then go our alligator spotting.
Day 2 – Amazon
You will have an early breakfast and will then go on to your Peacock bass sport fishing. A delicious lunch mixing regional and international cuisine will eb served and you will go back to yout fishing. Dinner and then a rest and relaxing time.
Day 3 – Amazon
Another fishing day.
Day 4 – Amazon
And another day, following the same format as the previous days.
Day 5 – Amazon
More peacock bass fishing awaits you today.
Day 6 – Amazon
As you could guess, yet another day of fishing.
Day 7 – Manaus
And one another one. After all, isn’t this what you came here for?
Day 8 – Manaus
You will do the same activity every day, however, as you know, when we’re talking about fishing one day is never like the other.
Day 9 – Manaus
Your last full day of fishing in teh Amazon.
Day 10 – Manaus
After breakfast and check-out, you will be taken on a private transfer to Manaus airport to catch your flight. You will hopefully have a lot of fishermen’s tales to tell.
Juma Lodge – Amazon
The Juma Amazon Lodge is located in a remote and untouched region 100 km (62 miles) southeast of Manaus. It can be reached in approximately three hours by vans and boats (during the trip we pass through the Meeting of the Waters and, on the way back, also by the Pirarucu Floating Dock). The trip can be made by hydroplane (30 minutes) upon request.
The structure and operation of the lodge have been carefully designed to be totally integrated into the rainforest environment, minimizing human footprint while enabling visitors to enjoy and preserve the flora and fauna of the surrounding jungle. The lodge is built over solid ground, on a series of stilts, facing the silent waters of the Juma Lake.
There are 8 standard bungalows facing the jungle and 12 special bungalows facing the lake, all nestled among the treetops 15 meters (49 feet) above the water (during the dry season), in a private, secluded area of the lodge. All bungalows are comfortable, with private bathroom, fan and balcony.
The restaurant is also built on stilts and has an excellent view to the Juma Lake. The meals are buffet-style, with regional and international cuisine.
The front desk, located in front of a deck area with a nice lake view, has a small bar, some games (cards, backgammon, chess, etc.), books about the Amazon, painting implements and a professional telescope for moon and star observation.
The hammock house is very popular among our guests, especially after meals and activities.
Manaus Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tropical Manaus EcoResort (unfortunately this hotel has closed indefinitely)
- 5 star – Hotel Villa Amazônia
- 4 star – Blue Tree Premium Manaus